Friday, February 4, 2011

Testing (blogging from my phone and soups)

I'm trying out a blogger app on my phone because it is so much more manageable than my laptop when I am holding or nursing Claire.

Also, I made two soups today.

Broccoli Soup:
4 broccoli crowns
1 small onion
2 vegetable bullion cubes
4 cups water
1 tablespoon garlic




Cook onions and garlic in half a cup of water until translucent. Add bullion, water and broccoli and cook until tender. Purée and enjoy!

Carrot Ginger Soup:
1 lb carrots
1 small diced onion
1 tablespoon garlic
2 vegetable bullion cubes
4 cups of water
1 generous tablespoon of minced ginger

Cook onions, ginger and garlic in half a cup of water until translucent. Add bullion, water and carrots and cook until tender. Purée and enjoy!




Both are healthy and tasty way to get a couple servings of veggies. After pureeing, they look like this:




We will eat some this weekend and I will take some for lunch next week.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: