Friday, January 29, 2010

body image

My friend found an article today, and I thought it worth re-posting. I'm really shocked at how much editing occurs in photos these days.

Although most of this editing is aimed at making women thinner/younger/more shapely, there are also examples where a man's muscles are enlarged, and where a plus sized model is made even bigger!

I understand that magazines want to get sold, so they distort images to make the beautiful people more beautiful, the strong stronger, and so on, but at some point, I'd really love a magazine that just prints it how it is.

I have to wonder where it ends...does TIME or Discovery doctor their photos? Or, do they rely on the talent of their photojournalists?

-----

Well, at least we know that TIME needs to work on its photoshopping of things a bit more.

No comments: